- Your consent
For DeskSpotting, privacy of all personal data is very important.
- GATHERING OF USERS´ INFORMATION. PURPOSES.
- The User accepts that DeskSpotting may gather information about the behavior of its Users by using cookies, tags and other methods (such as the information supplied by Users when making a purchase transaction).
- DeskSpotting may gather Users` information in order to improve the quality of the Services since it saves the Users´ preferences and to supervise behavior trends, for instance, the kind of Products searched for by Users.
- Moreover, DeskSpotting can gather and/or store the IP number or address (Internet Protocol) of Users in order to improve the quality of the Service it supplies through its Website. The storage by DeskSpotting of the IP number of the devices used by Users enables DeskSpotting to identify the IP number of the corresponding User when signing in their individual accounts. Furthermore, it facilitates the diagnosis of eventual connection problems that may occur between the DeskSpotting Website and the Users, thus improving the Service quality.
The IP number or address (Internet Protocol) is a numeric identification that distinguishes an electronic device (such as a computer, personal telephone with access to networks, a tablet, a PDA, etc.) that is connected to a computer network (for instance, Internet).
DeskSpotting can request from the User his/her personal data such as: (i) name and surname; (ii) sex; (iii) age; (iv) telephone number; (v) address; (vi) zip code; (vii) city; (viii) region; (ix) country of residence; (x) DNI; (xi) e-mail address; profession, etc. (the “Data”).
- USE OF GATHERED USERS´ INFORMATION
- DeskSpotting can gather information connected to the Users by using cookies and/or tags. The information gathered by DeskSpotting may include the browsing experience, IP address, logs, and other kind of information. However, DeskSpotting will not gather identifiable personal information directly from any User by using cookies or tags.
- DeskSpotting shall use the information provided by the User and that gathered by DeskSpotting to render better services to the User, and to better adapt DeskSpotting’s services to the needs of Users. Additionally, the information supplied by a User and that gathered by DeskSpotting directly on behalf of such User, can be used by DeskSpotting to establish a more effective communication with the Users in order to provide them with information that might be of their interest.
- DeskSpotting shall use the information provided by the User and that gathered by DeskSpotting in order to better understand the usage of DeskSpotting’s services by Users on its Website, as well as their geographical locations, use sessions, permanency in the Website, and use frequency, in order to try to improve DeskSpotting’s Products and Services and provide better solutions to meet their needs.
- DeskSpotting can share the information with other service companies or Websites dedicated to evaluate the behavior of Users in the Internet or similar companies in order to improve the quality of the Services rendered by DeskSpotting. Generally, such companies or Websites have their own data privacy policies. However, DeskSpotting shall use its best efforts so that the privacy of the information shared is protected in the best possible way. When applicable, DeskSpotting shall try to sign express agreements for the protection of data and information privacy. Notwithstanding this, DeskSpotting shall not be liable for the damages caused by such companies and/or Internet sites regarding their protection, confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the data handled by them.
- DeskSpotting shall use the information supplied by the User and that gathered by DeskSpotting if requested by any court or national/international authority that may request so by any due means.
- DeskSpotting shall not be bound to withhold the information during any fixed term and shall decide to eliminate such information whenever it considers it convenient.
- THE WEBSITE
- DeskSpotting shall not sell, rent or trade any Data to any third party for commercial purposes. Any person who has supplied personal contact information through the DeskSpotting Website can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to update, delete and /or correct his/her personal contact information. DeskSpotting shall endeavor to answer such request within 30 (thirty) days following the receipt of the same by e-mail.
- The Website and/or its Services do not gather deliberately any personal or contact information of children of minor age. No person of minor age must supply his/her personal data in or to the Website. DeskSpotting’s Website is designed to be used by persons over 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any personal information in this Website, or interact with the Website or with registered third parties, do not register yourself, make reservations, make listings, or payments, and do not provide personal data such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail and/or user name or profile. If we become aware that we have gathered or received personal information of a minor under 18 without the authorization of his/her mother, father and/or guardian, we shall proceed to delete such information. If you wish to notify to us the reception of information connected to underage children, please send us a message to email@example.com.
- CONFIDENTIALITY AND INFORMATION SECURITY
- DeskSpotting has taken reasonable security measures to protect the Users´ information and prevent the unauthorized access to their data or any change, disclosure or destruction not authorized of the same. The information gathered by DeskSpotting shall be maintained as strictly confidential. Access to personal data is limited to those employees, contractors and DeskSpotting agents who need to know them in order to perform their duties and develop or improve our Services. DeskSpotting demands from its suppliers the same standards of confidentiality. DeskSpotting does not allow access to this information to third parties unrelated to DeskSpotting, except at the express request of the User.
- Notwithstanding this, taking into account that the Internet is an open system with public access, DeskSpotting cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties cannot eventually overcome the security measures and use the Users` information in an improper manner.
- CHANGES OF THE CORPORATE STRUCTURE
- USERS´ RIGHTS REGARDING INFORMAITON
- The settings of most browsers accept cookies, but Users can configure their Internet browsers in such a way that all cookies are rejected or that the system indicates when cookies are sent. However, if cookies are disabled, some features and Services of the Website may not work correctly.
- DeskSpotting shall try, by all reasonable means, to facilitate for Users , access to their Data gathered or saved by DeskSpotting (“Access Right”), as well as the rectification, modification or updating of the same (“Rectification Right”), unless DeskSpotting determines to reject such requests (hereinafter, the “Requests”) in the event it is bound or entitled to keep such Data as per the applicable legislation. If the elimination of personal data is requested, you must take into account that the only way to remove your data is by eliminating your user profile from the Website.
- To this end, the User shall send a Request by e-mail with the subject “Eliminate User Profile” to [ firstname.lastname@example.org. DeskSpotting can ask such User to identify itself which can be verified by DeskSpotting, as well as to detail which Data he/she wishes to have access to, rectify or remove any Requests that are unreasonably repeated or systematic, that require a disproportionate technical effort.
- DeskSpotting can in its sole discretion reject Requests that might endanger the privacy of the other Users, or that are considered impractical, or for which it is not necessary to have access to the Data.
- The access, rectification and removal of Data shall be performed by DeskSpotting free of charge, except if it requires a disproportionate or unreasonable effort, in which case management fees can be charged.
- Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, DeskSpotting can disclose certain Users` personal information, when it believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- avoid any legal responsibility;
- comply with a legal order, such as a search warrant, a summons or court order;
- comply with a requirement issued by a governmental or regulatory authority; and/or
- protect the rights, property or security of DeskSpotting, the Users, or a third party.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- DeskSpotting can use and uses third-party services, and it is not liable for the information gathered by them or the way how they protect your personal information. To this purpose, each of these third-party services has its own privacy policies and provide, when available, a method by which the User can opt-out.